Rick Roberts Way, London, E15. Photo © Roger Dean 2012
This is a photograph of part of the inscription on a sandstone parish boundary marker just off the High Street, Stratford, E15. According to the Newham Story website, in 1948, it was one of three such markers on the street but the other two have been lost between then and now. The full inscription reads: “ST. M R 1731. This Estate belonging to the Parish of ST. MARY Rotherhithe Extends 5 feet 3 inches Northward from this stone.” R.D.